About the information on this site
This site and the associated resources such as blog posts, books, infographics, videos, etc document one man’s journey to find relief from back pain and regain a normal life.
All content on this website is provided for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for independent professional medical advice and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or ailment.
None of the information on this web site should be construed to provide medical or health advice.
While we try to make sure the information contained here is accurate we can’t guarantee that it will apply to you.
Regular exercise is recognised by the Mayo Clinic as one of the most beneficial health habits you can form.
While this is entirely true, exercise like any physical activity is not without risk. Therefore we provide the following to help you understand your responsibilities if you choose to apply any of the information provided in our resources.
- Remember to check with your doctor before starting a new exercise program, especially if you have any concerns about your fitness, haven’t exercised for a long time, or have health problems.
- Not all exercises are equal and, depending on your physical condition, some types of exercise might be considered higher risk than others. Therefore you should use common sense when deciding to undertake or continue any exercise.
- A good rule of thumb can be summed up in a saying used by aviation test pilots: “Move slowly from the known to the unknown” meaning that you should build on prior achievements and not hurry or cut corners to attain a specific goal. WHATEVER YOU DO, DO IT GENTLY AND SLOWLY.
- Exercise requires sufficient space to move your body freely without obstruction. Arrange your exercise area so that trip and bump hazards are removed.
- Proceed with caution, common sense, and a positive attitude.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for your own medical care, treatment, and oversight and that no information contained on this web site is to be construed as the provision of medical advice.
Do not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from a doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
If you are on medication, diabetic, pregnant, or on a weight control program consult your doctor before making any changes to your exercise or dietary routine.
Do not delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatments because of something you have seen on this website or the resources it contains.
If you think that you are experiencing a medical emergency seek immediate help.